There are many ways you can help!
1. You can call the YARR hot line (831) 239-4289 anytime you see repressive forces in Santa Cruz. That could be an ICE vehicle, the Klan, police brutality, or any other situation that threatens our community.
2. You can be “on call” to rapidly respond to an emergency in Santa Cruz when repressive forces threaten our community. We’ll train you! Come to a training for Legal Observation or Deescalation or Nonviolent Direct Action.
3. You could be an advocate for individuals and families impacted by detention and deportation. We need bilingual people who listen to the needs of impacted people and link them with resources they need. We’ll train you! Come to a training for advocates.
4. You could join one of our working groups that meets periodically to get all this great work done. “Services” connects families impacted by raids with legal, financial and other resources. “Training” plans and hosts regular trainings. “Story” tells the stories of our communities through street art, social media & corporate press. “Fundraising” solicits donations to support all this wonderful work. To join us, send us a message stating your interest and skills.
5. Donate! Because YARR is an all volunteer organization, a small donation can make a big impact. We need to raise enough money each month to keep our secure hot line phone open and to offer trainings to concerned people. We especially appreciate recurring monthly donations because the steady income stream means we can spend more time doing our important solidarity work and less time asking people for money.