YARR trains members of the community in Legal Observation, Non-Violent Direct Action, & De-escalation so they can become responders who are dispatched to the scene when someone calls our hotline. Responders agree to abide by these commitments:
YARR Responder Commitments
1) As a YARR responder, I am committed to responding in solidarity with those who are targeted, and I acknowledge that my actions may impact targeted individuals in larger ways than they impact myself. If I am not willing or able to do what the targeted individuals request, I will choose not to participate rather than act against their requests.
2) As a YARR responder, I am committed to responding to an alert only when I am not under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any substance that may impair my judgement.
3) As a YARR responder, I am committed to leaving all weapons and drugs at home when responding to an alert.
4) As a YARR responder, I will not intentionally physically harm any person I encounter when responding to an alert.
5) As a YARR responder, I acknowledge that any images, videos, or personal information I record when responding to an alert may have legal ramifications for targeted individuals. Because of this, I will never post or live-stream to the internet or social media any images, videos, or personal information that I record when responding to an alert.
6) As a YARR responder, I will uphold these commitments only for myself. While I may remind others of these commitments, I will not enforce them on anyone else whether or not I perceive them to be a YARR responder.